Substance abuse can affect anyone. People of all ages, genders, races, and income levels can become addicted to drugs and alcohol. Even if it hasn’t affected you, you might have a friend or family member who struggles with abusing alcohol, prescription drugs, or illegal substances. Addiction is a disease, and like any disease, it requires treatment. Individuals with substance use disorders do not suddenly get better. Instead, a substance abuse treatment program can help you begin your journey to recovery. At Fresh Start Recovery Center, every patient in our care receives a personalized treatment plan. Our goal is to give you the tools you need for long-term recovery and hope for the future.
Are Our Substance Abuse Treatment Programs in MD Right for You?
Since addiction is a disease, those suffering from it should seek out professional help. However, it’s not always obvious is you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse. Since some addictive substances, like alcohol and prescription drugs, are legal, it can be hard to tell what use is over the line. There are a few indicators to look out for to understand whether or not your use of substances is a problem. These include:
- Damage to relationships with family and friends due to drug and alcohol use
- Inability to fulfill responsibilities at work or home
- Cravings for drugs or alcohol when you are not using
- Increased tolerance (needing to use more or more often to feel the same effects)
- Bingeing, where you drink an excessive amount in a small period
- You’ve experienced negative physical effects from substance abuse but have continued to use
- Repeated failed attempts at quitting or decreasing your use
- Withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to quit, such as headaches, insomnia, and anxiety
If you experience any of these symptoms, it might be time for you to seek out help. The first step in any substance abuse treatment program is acknowledging that you need help, and at Fresh Start Recovery, we’re ready to get you on the path to recovery.
What to Expect in Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
What will you find in a substance abuse treatment program? First, in our intake process at Fresh Start, our addiction treatment specialists will assess your needs. We begin building your plan from the minute you walk in our door. At this stage, the most important factor is the severity of your addiction and the duration of your substance abuse. We offer the following levels of care at Fresh Start:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Our most intensive level of care includes medical care, individual counseling, and group therapy. This is an ideal program for those who have completed a residential detox or addiction treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – As you begin to take steps towards independence and returning to your responsibilities, we’ll help you develop life skills and healthy coping skills
- Outpatient treatment program – An extra layer of accountability, support, and encouragement as you encounter more freedom in your life
- Alumni program – Stay connected to others in recovery and give and receive support during difficult times
The team at Fresh Start Recovery Center will guide you through every step of your recovery. While in our substance abuse treatment programs, you’ll begin rebuilding your life.
Learn More about Fresh Start Recovery Center Today
When you or your loved one is ready to make a change, contact Fresh Start Recovery Center. Our addiction treatment specialists can help you navigate our admissions process and get the help you need. We create personalized treatment plans for everyone in our care, and you’ll find a network of support from group therapy with others who have walked similar paths. Lasting recovery is possible. Learn more today by contacting us online or calling us at 833.625.0398. Break free from addiction through our substance abuse treatment programs in MD.